Aubrey Leigh Gardner! She is my oldest sibling and my only sister! She is totally amazing. I have always thought of my sister as the lucky one that got all the talents. She is beautiful, incredibly smart, musically talented, an incredible athlete and has beautiful hand writing, just to name a few things. My family is pretty large and with that come some large age gaps, for example my sister and I are 11 years apart. So, growing up I never felt particularly close to my sister because she was already grown up and out of the house by the time I was 8. However, I feel I have been blessed to have had a special time with each of my siblings to help combat this age separation. For my sister and I this time was when I was attending BYU and she was living just 20 mins away. She lived here in Utah my freshman year when I came to BYU and she was the best sister you could ask for. She took such good care of me. Her and her husband Ryan we so nice, always having me over for Sunday dinners (and for anyone who knows Ryan and Aubrey you know it was amazing food!), driving me places I needed to go, making sure I had food, bringing me cookies, and tons of other stuff. She showed me around campus, helped me figure out BYU, helped me find a job, helped me move in. She has given me a ton of baby clothes and things to help me out. She seriously is the best. We lived here together for 4 years. Those years are so special to me because I finally got to create a close relationship with my sister. She is like my second mother and best friend all rolled into one. I call her for advice on everything. She is the one who gets things organized, and gets things done in our family. I really admire her. I want to be like her. I know we tease you sometimes for being turbo, but please don't ever change, because our family would fall apart without you. You are the glue that holds us all together. I am so grateful you are my sister. You are such a blessing in my life, even though you live thousands of miles away. I love you and Happy Birthday.
Monday, September 15, 2014
Aubrey
I have a friend whose blog I read and really enjoy. She highlights each one of her siblings on their birthday. She talks about them and why she admire and loves them. I thought that was such a great idea and since my oldest sibling just had her birthday I thought there in no better time to start then with the top of my family. Over the next year I am going to highlight my siblings on their birthday and brag on them a little, OK more like a lot because they are awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment