Pages

Friday, June 10, 2016

Broc's Birthday

Broc turned 5! That's right 5... he is no longer a preschooler, he is an actual full blown schooler now! It is so fun to watch him grow and see the boy he is growing into. He loves life, he gets so excited about everything! He loves the color red and his favorite food is broccoli. He loves sports and wrestling with his dad, watching Justice League and Scooby Doo on netflix, Legos, army men and setting up battles, camping, and fishing. He is so excited to start school in the fall. It is an exciting time of life for our growing boy. A lot of changes are coming up with our move, school and his new brother. But he is a good boy and I can count on him to do more and more around the house. Happy Birthday Broc!
Broc wanted a Justice League themed party so that is what he got. We had balloons and hanging lanterns with all the symbols of the members of the Justice League. I also hung some pictures of Broc dressed up as different superheroes through out the years. I cut out masks for the kids to decorate, so they could dress up like super heroes. I also told all the parents and kids they could come dressed up in super hero costumes, if they had any, so we had quite the assembly of super heroes! Broc had a very specific menu in mind for this party. He wanted pizza, bread, meat, and hotdogs. So I did the best I could, we had Little Cesar's pizza, pigs in a blanket, and watermelon. And then we had cake and cupcakes for dessert. After dinner we went outside and did a pinata! It was really fun and they kids did really well. Cody and I had quite the time trying to find a dog poop free place to do it. The pet owners in our complex are not the best at picking up after their furry friends. But overall Broc had a blast and loved having his friends over to play with his toys. We asked that the party goers for go the gifts for Broc. It was the best idea I have ever had. There were many reasons for this decision but the main one by far is I want my kids to be content with less but followed by we are in a tiny apartment and are bursting at the seams as it is, we are about to move and I don't want to pack anything more, and we invited a lot of people so it would have been WAY too much if he got presents from them all! And all Broc really wanted was to play with his friends! So that's what we did.






On his actual birthday we celebrated with a birthday breakfast. Broc asked for eggs, bacon and pancakes. So that is what we did, minus the bacon. Not that we didn't try to have bacon, its just we had one too many cooks in the kitchen and one in particular that is a little, let's say inexperienced, I mean he is only 18 months so how did he know that turning the oven temperature dial to broil would burn the bacon beyond being edible. Anyways it was a great breakfast. Then we his opened presents. His big present this year was a bike! I bought it like a month ago and have been hiding it in the trunk if the car. So after presents we told him we had one more surprise and drove to the church parking lot and let him open his helmet and then he guessed what the rest of the surprise was. We opened the trunk and he saw his bike and just started squealing in excitement. We stayed about an hour and let him ride his bike. He did really well for not really ever riding a bike before. Then he came home and played with his new army man set the rest of the day. He is such a great boy and we are so grateful he came to our family!


Candles in the cake...pancake that is.  



No comments:

Post a Comment