Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Easter

Easter has become such a special time of year for me. As a kid Christmas was always the most anticipated holiday of the year. But as I get older Easter has slowly taken over. Don't get me wrong I love Christmas as much as the next person. Although I am a firm believer in no Christmas stuff till the day after Thanksgiving, I am all about Christmas. But although it is full of wonder and love and Christ and family and awesomeness, it is also full of stress, and pressure and just STUFF. And that is one of the reasons Easter has become so special to me(even though it probably should have always been that way). Because Easter has all the wonderful parts of Christmas, love, family, Christ. And none of the bad like stress, and STUFF and all the extra. Another reason I always look forward to Easter is because it is close to General Conference. It is just a really good time to reflect on the most important thing the atonement of Jesus Christ, and if you are utilizing it in your life, and how you can more deeply understand it and write it on your heart and apply it in your life.

We started celebrating with making sugar cookies  
I had the kids follow their own colored streamer through the apartment to find their Easter baskets. They loved it. I think we will make it a tradition.
Starting the hunt for their baskets
When I was a kid I would always get a new Easter dress. We have not done that before but this year I decided I wanted to carry on that tradition. So we got all the kids new Sunday clothes to wear to Church on Easter.
Found em!
I don't want to brag but I have a pretty good looking bunch. Two things I think are funny about this picture: 1. Broc and Maren holding hands. I don't know why they did that, we didn't tell them to and they don't like to hold hands. 2. Broc's tie outside his vest. I tried to get him to tuck it in but he refused and insisted he wear it like this. I like to think he is starting a trend and that he is just fashion forward ;)
Church here we come

No comments:

Post a Comment